Establishing your own business and running it from the ground up is quite a rewarding endeavor. But does it always have to be a struggle to keep it operating smoothly? From managing supply chain mishaps to dealing with workforce issues, your entire work day can go by in the blink of an eye.
With an array of competing priorities at hand, most business owners typically ignore their IT infrastructure until they end up facing a problem.
A technology assessment is a valuable business strategy for preventing issues and ensuring your systems run smoothly. MSPs, like ourselves, will evaluate your entire infrastructure, performance, security protocols, and management. The results will help you identify areas of improvement and enable you to make more strategic decisions regarding your IT.
Elements of a technology assessment
- Security & Compliance. Whether it's HIPAA, PCI-DSS, or SOX, businesses must comply with industry-specific regulations. That’s why you need MSPs, like PC Lan Techs, to conduct a technology assessment that identifies whether your infrastructure fully complies with industry standards. We'll then resolve weaknesses in your security processes to ensure your compliance.
- Communications. Communication is valuable to keep your business afloat. You need to make sure that you’re using the best tools available to nurture your relationship with your clients and industry partners from around the globe. For instance, paying premium for legacy phone systems or traditional phone lines might get you by, but you’re missing out on the massive savings and crystal clear communications that come with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phones. As we assess your entire IT infrastructure, we will also delve into your communications technology to detect possible risks to security, as well as provide you cost-saving opportunities.
- Cloud. Companies that migrated to the cloud experience substantial boosts in efficiency and flexibility. Yet they probably aren’t aware of other tips that can make their cloud experience even better, which is what technology assessments are for. We won’t only help you migrate more of your processes to the cloud, but we’ll also recommend productivity-enhancing apps that don’t cost a fortune.
- Network. Network downtime could mean lost clients and revenue. To avoid this, we'll make sure your software and hardware are always updated. We will even check on your network applications, equipment, and systems to ensure these are properly optimized, provisioned, and secured for maximum performance and reliability.
Detecting vulnerabilities to your system
- Gaps in your cybersecurity measures. This includes relying on outdated tools and programs, using weak passwords, and mishandling crucial data. You need to immediately attend to these weaknesses as soon as you can to keep them from causing major problems in your network and operations.
- Underused or overused IT resources. Every business and every team have different technology requirements, which is why a one-size-fits-all solution won’t work. Assessing your entire system will help you better optimize your resources.
- Bandwidth bottlenecks. The more your company relies on the cloud, the more bandwidth you will need. Downloading files, streaming videos, and running programs can lead to a slow network. We’ll help you determine what or who is hogging the bandwidth and optimize your network so no one suffers slow internet.
PC Lan Techs will serve as your strategic technology partner all throughout this process. We will conduct a technology assessment to evaluate your entire IT infrastructure, be proactive in detecting issues before they cause major problems, and implement solutions for further prevention. Call us today to get a free network assessment!
Like This Article?of our most popular posts